Antedating of "Country and Western" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 11 00:15:05 UTC 2012

In theory there were, at least as I always (mis)understood it.  "Country"
music was "old-time" style (like Fiddlin' John Carson)  and "western" was
"western swing" of the Bob Wills variety.

JL