jimmies photo

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Dec 11 14:47:14 UTC 2012

Dunno if this is helpful or not:

There's a photo going round on FB of two Just Born candy containers: one
is much larger and shows signs of wear and is labeled "chocolate grains"
and the other is smaller, does not show signs of wear, and is labeled
"jimmies", with both showing the same product on it.

The text accompanying the photo is:

Jimmies were first developed by Just Born Candy Company. Born briefly
pondered that question before deciding to accredit the name to the
producer, Jimmy Bartholomew. The new product was named JIMMIES. In
Boston, JIMMIES are to ice cream like mustard & relish are to a hot dog.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=545399632154169&set=a.508917785802354.127796.508911809136285&type=1

[On the smaller container you can see that the Just Born company is
based in Bethlehem, PA, which makes me wonder why the Boston connection.]

[I'm suspicious of the condition of the jimmies container in the photo.]

---Amy West