antibiotic = 'effective medicine' (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Dec 15 19:34:16 UTC 2012

On Dec 15, 2012, at 3:10 AM, W Brewer wrote:

> (Somebody) wrote: <<<often feel the urge to parody O'Brien's given name as
> "SoulDude." Does that make me a racist? Or just a screwball?>>>
> WB:  I can't be the only one who thinks of the House Majority Leader as an
> erection in the bathroom. Tell the dude to respell his name. Tom Zurinskas,
> could you help out here?

Ah, now I see.  I was working this out for a while--Eric Cantor? Erection in the bathroom?  Erect Cantor?  Nope, couldn't get there.  But aha, John Boehner, the *Speaker* of the House, now I get it.  Or would if it wasn't /be:n at r/.  Well, maybe that's why he sticks to the ethnically correct front (even if no longer rounded) vowel.

LH