British bias in the OED :-) > Blues

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Mon Dec 17 18:54:09 UTC 2012

On the other hand, having moved to Michigan ten years ago, I've had to learn that 'The Blues' (which is used frequently here) refers to Blue Cross/Blue Shield, which has special 'protected' status in Michigan, and their health and status is constantly being discussed on the front pages of Detroit newspapers.

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/