"cheeseburger slider"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 22 21:36:31 UTC 2012

The "cheeseburger slider" includes a bun and lettuce, onion, and tomato.

We've discussed "sliders" and "rollers" before.

However the nuances have developed over the decades regarding size,
quality, trimmings, grease content, brand name, etc., it appears that a
"slider" was originally a run-of-the-mill hamburger, just as a "roller' was
a comparable hot dog.

Anything beyond that appears to be a projection of the consumer.

What little evidence there is suggests USN currency as primary, parhaps as
early as the 1960s, though an inspired short-order cook anywhere could have
been the inglorious Milton in this case..

JL