_it_ WRT a person

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 22 21:39:28 UTC 2012

"[T]he _victim_ has difficulty swallowing, shows panic when presented
with liquids to drink, and cannot quench _its_ thirst."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrophobia

explaining how rabies came to be called "hydrophobia"

Probably just a mindfart.

Youneverknow.

You know the guy who writes the "Hatcher" novels? In one of his books,
he uses "it" to refer to a "child" later in the paragraph revealed to
be a ten-year-old girl. That's a bit extreme, even for me.

"Different strokes," I reckon.

--
-Wilson
-----