An ad: _baby_ > _it_

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 26 05:23:51 UTC 2012

On Dec 25, 2012, at 11:54 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
>> I'm not sure I see positive "anymore" as a symptom of (current) language change[,] ... although its range seems to be growing.
>
> Exactly. That's why I mentioned that the speaker was a Tennesseean. I
> regret the confusing and imprecise reference to "language change."
>
> --
I located this in the old ADS files

Bethany Dumas, 21 Sep 1995 07:54:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Positive Anymore
Positive 'anymore' is alive and well in East Tennessee. […]

And given the fact that Missouri, the heartland of pos. anymore (cf. Murray 1993), borders Tennessee (a little), it would be surprising if it weren't alive and well in western Tennessee too, and elsewhere in greater Appalachia.  (See refs. at http://microsyntax.sites.yale.edu/positive-anymore.)

LH