Front-Page New York Times Story on "The Whole Nine Yards"

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Wed Dec 26 23:45:32 UTC 2012

Tomorrow's New York Times will have a story about the recent discoveries by Bonnie Taylor-Blake and me about the etymology of the phrase "the whole nine yards."  I believe the story is going to be on the front page of the print newspaper.  Ben Zimmer and Jesse Sheidlower are also quoted, and Sam Clements is mentioned.  The ADS-L list serv is referred to, and there is a link to Barry Popik's website.  The online version is already up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/27/books/the-whole-nine-yards-seeking-a-phrases-origin.html

Fred Shapiro
Editor
YALE BOOK OF QUOTATIONS (Yale University Press)