"sprungboard" as past participle/past tense of "to springboard"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Feb 2 16:30:45 UTC 2012

used by Sean Salisbury, former NFL quarterback and now commentator, on his practicing some training regime:  "It's only in the last few months that I've sprungboard…"

A bit reminiscent of "sleptwalked", only here it's only the first element that's inflected; it was clear he didn't say "sprungboarded".  (Maybe it's partly that "board" sounds like a past or participial form already?)

Googling "sprungboard", I do find a couple of analogous uses on the first page, albeit with simple past tense forms rather than participials (not that it matters):

Well, I only took stuff from your videos, so since it's "my idea" that I sprungboard off your stuff,...

Now a couple of my friends that have done it have lost a ton of weight, but didn't build any muscle - so they sprungboard off the p90x to crossfit.
In fact (I wasn't listening closely), Salisbury himself may have been referring to P90X himself, but in any case it was a regime of that type.

LH