"log" vs "log in"

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 2 19:05:39 UTC 2012

I would interpret logging in their biggest January as: They entered that
month into a log book as a recordbreaking month. Just as I, as a lowly S4
clerk, would enter work orders into a battalion log, to keep track of what
repairs were in the works. Guiness Book entry style. Captain(apostrophe)s
log stardate blah blah blah. But obviously here the intention was logging
up which crossed the neuron storing the more recently and frequently
accessed computerese term logging in.