Fwd: 'Texes' as plural of 'text (message)'

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Feb 3 01:28:08 UTC 2012

Strange.  We spent some time on this verse many years ago, at which point I revealed the version I learned, which went something like

Hitler had only one left ball.
Goering had two, but they were small.
Himmler
Had something sim'lar.
And Goebbals
Had no balls
At all.

No room for testes here, though.  (I brought up the fact that the version above builds in a weird semantics, in that virtually *all* men have only one left ball, so this must be understood as "only one, i.e./in particular left, ball", and my surmise was that the only reason the "left" was there at all was for the metrics. Others on the list had other versions to recall, and did so.  But I recall no "testes" in any of them, as opposed to testes.  Please elucidate, sir.

LH

Begin forwarded message: