Ragged but Right, pt 4 (jam)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 3 16:06:03 UTC 2012

Does the current meaning of "jam" really make sense here?

In other words, does improvisation equal and explain "noise"?  It's
also surprising that if the modern sense were intended, the paper
wouldn't have put "jam" in quotes; and it was, presumably, so uncommon
that a definition might also have been in order.

It could be real.... Certainly I have no other suggestion....

JL