Quote: There, but for the grace of God, goes God (Referring to Father Divine)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 6 07:07:24 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:36 AM, Garson O'Toole
<adsgarsonotoole at gmail.com> wrote:
> Cite: 1941 January 20, Omaha World Herald, Walter Winchell On
> Broadway, Page 5, Column 5-6, Omaha, Nebraska. (GenealogyBank)
>
> [Begin excerpt]
> The Story Tellers: The DAC News reports that a Harlemite watching
> Father Devine whisk by in a long limousine, niftied: "There, but for
> the grace of God - goes God."

http://dacnews.com/main.asp

Undoubtedly, the DAC News is a most reliable source of what a random
Harlemite watching Father Divine whisk by in a long - or even a short
- limousine niftied. IAC, it's a lot more subtle and cerebral than the
usual nigger-joke.

_Divine_ is the correct spelling.
--
-Wilson