Kobayashi Maru

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 7 06:09:30 UTC 2012

A couple of clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z49bBPf7b4g
An abridged version of the original

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Gp2Ir7n9M
Full version, you can stand the advertising

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JMLB_ZJkXM
The version from Star Trek (2009) NSFW--partially deleted scene

And text:

http://goo.gl/TQc5K
Kobayashi Maru- Obama style
> So how does the President face his no-win scenario, his Kobayashi Maru?

http://goo.gl/p8Dze
Cam's Kobayashi Maru and Canada's 3rd best place to live!

http://goo.gl/2oWtj

http://goo.gl/aBbDS
> No, I don’t have that luxury. I have to be the grown up. I stuff the
> anger back inside. I feel a tad nauseous. I always feel that way when
> I can’t express anger. There’s nothing I can do. I can’t seat the man
> where he wants and I can’t tell him to fuck off.
> This is what I call a customer service Kobayashi Maru. The dreaded “no
> win” scenario.
> This whole mess would have been avoided if Moustache had just planted
> his ass in a chair and ordered. After some good food and wine he’d
> have relaxed and started to enjoy himself. But in the restaurant
> business you quickly discover there are customers who’ll never be
> happy. Waiters face their own personal Kobayashi Maru moments
> everyday. But, as Captain Kirk proved, it’s all in how you handle it.

VS-)