Why pick a non-English based spelling system for your country

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 8 01:15:31 UTC 2012

"Lingua franca" is a term of art.  In fact there is a form of ESL teaching called ELF (English as a lingua franca).  This is a minimally acceptable pronunciation, given the problems of some for saying certian phonemes.  I guess if the student can't get rid of an accent, the teacher tries to practice a pronunciation that can at least get by.  But should this constitute a new world standard.  And should native English speakers be pointed toward it as the new way of speaking Englsih in the future. http://eltj.oxfordjournals.org/content/59/4/339.full.pdf

I suggest that because 70% of the native speakers of English are from the USA, that US English should be used as the standard global pronunciation (and spelling) model.  Members of the ADS should advance this cause, or be subject to the vagaries of English speaking wanabees.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk