Strange Call from "Microsoft" -- name needed?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Feb 9 00:24:52 UTC 2012

Is there a name yet for this type of phishing (via telephone)?  Or is
it just a variant on older cons that already have a name?

Although hardly plausible (How many users would Microsoft have to
call for this "recall"?  What does one phone call from India --- or
was it only an Indian-sounding guy -- cost?), it apparently took in
at least one person.

Joel