nyaa nyaa/ naa naa (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mon Feb 13 15:06:06 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

To me, the taunt has 6 naa/nyah's, not five (Naa-na naa naa NAA naa).
And either Naa or Nyah would have been acceptable when I was in school.
A good friend of my wife, who grew up on the Florida panhandle, doesn't
say that, but rather "neener neener neener" with the same sing-song
cadence.

Besides the "The Band" song, another cultural referent may be the tail
end of the Journey song "Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'" (see 3:40 at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRt0d1O4tiE ).

Behalf Of

------