heifer

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 18:04:19 UTC 2012

I find the use of "elderly" sticking out more. Perhaps there is a
difference between references to the process and to the person, but the
standard jargon for post-34 first pregnancy is "geriatric". But maybe
"geriatric primipara" sounded too weird.

FWIW, Google has 9 vs. 6800 raw on "geriatric primipara" vs. "elderly".
With "pregnancy", it seems, there are no real options. I've heard both
"geriatric pregnancy" and "geriatric primipara" used in the wild, so to
speak (in a hospital).

     VS-)