Another one: _lingvosensorika_

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 14 22:37:27 UTC 2012

I'm not convinced this goes beyond a single title, which means it's a
coinage by the authors. And, with the Russians, even "scientific"
literature may very well be pure fiction.

Here's a rough translation of the abstract:

This monograph analyzes the language of the five senses projected on
fictional (creative), geneological, religious and memoir narrative
styles. Covers the question of sensorial lexicon, methods of enhancement
of perceptual images, interrelations between sensorics and genre,
sensorics and age, sensorics and gender. Great attention is given to the
applied aspects of sensorial linguistics. The book is intended for
philologists of different specializations, etc.

GT covers most of this pretty well, but some nuances don't come across.
Russians, more than anyone else, single out "stylistics" as a branch of
linguistics (I actually took a stylistics class from a Russian exchange
prof at OSU while also taking AZ's syntax class--many moons ago). So it
sounds like this is a cross between stylistics and semiotics more than
any actual language issues for /linguists/.

The term sounds much like one of many Russian short-lived neologisms. I,
for one, am yet to be convinced that this is something worth paying
attention to.

     VS-)

PS: If you're willing to subscribe to a Russian file-transfer site by
giving them some personal information, you can get a copy of the entire
book. I am not one willing to do that. It's simply a question of
trust--and they don't have mine.