Another one: _lingvosensorika_

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 15 00:44:10 UTC 2012

Nonsense! They are coining words from existing Russified morphemes, not
creating new morphemes. Nothing wrong with "lingvo-"--it's been around
for more than a few generations. And Russian [Reghi-on] is not the exact
equivalent of English "region"--it represents a demarcated area of some
kind--in this case, an area characterized by linguistic characteristics.
"Sensorika" is a bit more remote, but you could far more easily go to
Latin or Greek--e.g., Russian for "technology" is "tekhnika", which is a
very productive form (radiotekhnika, aerotekhnika, etc.), but I doubt
you would ever claim that it was derived from English. They are creating
their own terminology in the same way they've been doing it for decades.
If they happen to borrow an English morpheme, it's either a coincidence
or an accident, not a productive rule for creating pseudo-English words.
For that, you have to look at the daily vocabulary, not a scientific
one--plenty of pseudo-English terms there.

      VS-)