"Soar" -- the new "surge"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Feb 15 16:04:33 UTC 2012

ABC (where the network news programs are unpaid infomercials for
Walt's enterprises) used "surge" for Santorum twice in two minutes
this morning.

Anyway, is a "surging Santorum" any more discouraging than a "soaring
Santorum"?  (Perhaps a little less snickering, I suppose.)

In passing, prompted by a reflexive near-finger-Fehler, I see
"Santorum" associated with "sanitarium" 124,000 times in Google
Everything.  And with "sanitorium" 38,8000 times.  (And with
"sanitorum" a mere 2,620 times.)  I expect these will surge too.

Joel