American exceptionalizm?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 22 17:20:35 UTC 2012

from thefreedictionary.com - It reads like it means an attitude of "American pompousness"

exceptionalism [ɪkˈsɛpʃənəlɪzm] n
(Government, Politics & Diplomacy) an attitude to other countries, cultures, etc. based on the idea of being quite distinct from, and often superior to, them in vital ways

The phonetics shows ~ik but the voices say ~ek. I'd say in US it's ~ek. Many dictionaries have ~ik for words starting with "ex" and I don't think it's right for US dialect. Short e is what's seen and also said, making it consistent with the spelling.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk