to password-protect

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 22 20:45:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Observe the lack of a hyphen.

People don't use hyphens, anymore, unless they're intending to
"log-in" or to "log-off" or are informing you that "Your software is
up-to-date."

It drives me *crazy*! Either insert hyphens everywhere, don't insert
them anywhere, or insert them and leave them out according to some
prescriptivist schema. Stop messing with my mind!

--
-Wilson
-----