"payback"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 28 22:40:24 UTC 2012

Interestingly enough, the first U.S. troops in New Guinea were the 96th
Engineers (Colored). They arrived from Australia in 1942, and were joined
by the 91st. Both units were stationed at Milne Bay. Australian units
were stationedthere as well.

So, Wilson, if you can authoritatively date "Payback is a bitch" to before
the mid '60s, a pretty good case might be made that the "Colored" engineers
were mainly responsible for the word's presence in the U.S.

JL