slow up

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 5 17:47:19 UTC 2012

I am not ranting against "slow up", but here's a comment (by Brendan
Shanahan) that includes both "slow up" and "slow down". I am not
entirely sure if there is supposed to be a contrast between the two. So
it's mostly for the files.

http://goo.gl/IgAZV
> However, on this play Carcillo slows up and gets behind Gilbert just
> as Gilbert begins slowing down and bracing himself for some contact,
> Carcillo explodes into him causing a violent crash into the boards.

[Shanahan is a retired hockey player who is now the NHL disciplinary
policy enforcer.]

     VS-)