Coffeehouse?!

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 10 22:35:01 UTC 2012

Although the OED definition does not exclude it, the Dutch use of
"coffeehouse" to mean "an officially sanctioned supplier of legal
cannabis" does not appear (of course, they were not around in 1876).
There is also an occasional use of "coffeehouse" to represent an
organized but informal gathering where musical performance is featured
(usually guitar-based or other "folk" music). In neither instance is
coffee served or featured in any other way.

     VS-)