FW: "shower of turkeys" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wed Jan 18 17:13:48 UTC 2012

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

For some reason, when I replied to George's post below, it went only
back to George.  Trying again, for the whole list . . . .

I'd imagine that this is at least somewhat inspired by the now-classic
Thanksgiving episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati", in which Mr. Carlson
(radio station owner) stages a promotion in which turkeys are given away
by being dropped from a helicopter.  It doesn't go well.  Les Nessman
(news reporter on scene) sounds like he is describing the Hindenburg
disaster ("Oh the humanity!"  "The turkeys are hitting the ground like
sacks of wet cement!").  Carlson ends by saying "As God is my witness, I
thought turkeys could fly".  (Wild turkeys can, BTW).

For those who wish to watch:
http://www.kewego.com/video/iLyROoafYtDe.html

Behalf Of

------