DARE Celebration in Madison May 4

Thu Jan 19 20:30:33 UTC 2012

(This is also a post on the ADS website.)

>From Joan Hall, the chief editor of the Dictionary of American Regional English (DARE), a project supported by the American Dialect Society:

To celebrate the publication of Volume V of DARE (Sl-Z) and the upcoming launch of the digital edition (2013), we are having a party in Madison on May 4, 2012, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.

All ADS members (and like-minded language-lovers) are cordially invited. And if you can come a day early, we hope you will join us May 3rd from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. for a mini-conference on DARE and American dictionaries. Our speakers will be Erin McKean, Michael Adams, and Simon Winchester.

A block of rooms has been reserved at

The Campus Inn
601 Langdon Street
Madison, WI 53703