Pommes frites

Mon Jan 23 03:46:05 UTC 2012

Wow!!

Lotus root chips particularly stand out. They sound scrumptious. http://grocerytrekker.blogspot.com/2007/03/water-chestnut-chips_26.html has water chestnut chips and suggests jicama and bamboo shoot chips.  (Okay, I'm just salivating here. There are no substantial additions to the list below.)

Burdock root chips also get a number of hits. See, for example, http://www.eatweeds.co.uk/burdock-root-chips, which falls into the stix category in that they are not poker chip-shaped. There are also "green bean chips" (http://www.lesleykat.com/Latest-Obsessions-Green-Bean-Chips-13080827).

There are also beef chips. Looking casually, I see pork and chicken chips for dogs, but the potential is there for them as human snacks.

Are the unifying characteristics: being a food, being cooked and being crispy/having a crunch?

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA