3D sickness, cybersickness, VR sickness, simulator sickness

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Jan 30 03:21:30 UTC 2012

I understand (vaguely) that there is "real 3D" and ... I dunno,
"remastered 3D".  The former, which Hugo is in, is made with two
cameras, the latter by manipulating a 2D original.  The previews were
probably all of remastered 2D movies (e.g. Titanic, Star
Wars).  Perhaps Larry's wife can tolerate the real but not the
ersatz.  Avatar was "real 3D" too, I think -- perhaps she might have
ventured it.

Joel