"awe" phoneme has disappeared

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 30 19:49:47 UTC 2012

Thanks Paul.  But I'm afraid you're too optimistic.  My cousin from CT calls her son ~Shaan now instead of ~Shaun (written name is "Shawn") as she used to.  My wife and she both call my other cousin from CT (written name "Paula") Polla ~Paalu now.  It's in the media now.  Everywhere.  My wife's catching it.  Do me a favor and always correct them when they say your name as "Poll" ~Paal insted of "Paul" ~Paul, and I will stand in precious awe of you.

Meanwhile m-w.com is mispronouncing the word "awe" as "ah".  It's all over now.  Even though the symbol is for "awe" the speaker says "ah".

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk