"awe" phoneme has disappeared

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 31 00:52:13 UTC 2012

Not a joke.  Jay Leno says "ah-some" instead of "awesome."  He's from Mass but now lives in LA.

The voices of thefreedictionary.com say
USA - ahsome  ~aasum
UK - ohsome  ~oesum
speaker icon  awesome  ~ausum

Standardization would be a good thing.  Where would we be without it.

Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk