The agony of defeat in NYC

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jul 3 09:37:17 UTC 2012

On Jul 2, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Dan Goncharoff wrote:

> Not to mention the NJ Devils and Nets?
> DanG

Funny, the Devils are often considered a non-NY team (unlike the other franchises based in Jersey), maybe because they were never based in NY.  And they've been quite good, all things considered.  The Nets, on the other hand, birthed on Long Island before moving to Jersey, have usually been treated as a NY team--albeit definitely No. 2, and usually but not always playing that way, if you'll pardon the expression.  And now that they're the Brooklyn Nets, they're definitely local.  But still No. 2.

LH