major antedates!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Jul 4 20:59:48 UTC 2012

I now know that "Hail Mary" (in the football sense) and the Gatorade (well, water) bath at the end of a football game, trace back to 1925, contrary to earlier speculation on this site.  I know this because I just spent a few too many minutes watching a televised screening of the 2008 movie "Leatherheads", which is based on a true story about the founding of professional football.    Or sort of based on a sort of true story.  Would George Clooney lie to me?

LH