Major Antedating of "Gross National Product"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Jul 6 22:52:31 UTC 2012

Regardless of whether the 1923 quotation is really 1923, the coin
that Fred points to has a second side, although certainly at a lower
rate of discovery.  I am not advocating searching for specific words
by reading books.  But serendipitous discoveries via actual reading
can turn up antedatings that the search engines do not find -- the
false negatives.  This is not infinitesimally rare with one of my
(and Fred's, I suspect) favorite arenas of reading, Early American
Newspapers.  Nor I suspect with the optically-scanned early book databases.

Joel