geeser antedated (?) to 1884

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Sat Jul 7 14:03:30 UTC 2012

OED and HDAS have 1885.

Judy, or the London serio-comic journal, Volume 35, August 13. 1884 p. 84, col. 2.

It was honeymoon at the seaside...."Heep tender epithets on me," warbled the bride; "hurl as many as you like at me, I shall not flinch much, for, though of an arid imperious spirit, I love you." "You are a geeser," said her husband, who had married for money. "A geeser," exclaimed the elderly _better half_, with eagerness, '" what's that?" "Oh, confound it! how your education must have been neglected in early youth," said the lord of creation, in a lofty manner; and then, after an explanation, they had quite a little tiff. The gentleman is not reported as drowned yet; but he will be presently perhaps.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ig4oAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=geezer+OR+geeser&source=bl&ots=GWkHWU1pVb&sig=PMv29QLfsLsSMSUd_qMYuWPZX_o&hl=en&sa=X&ei=YD34T57wII2s8QSb9PyIBw&ved=0CF0Q6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=geezer%20OR%20geeser&f=false

Stephen Goranson
www.duke.edu/~goranson