"half of X is wrong; the question is which half"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sat Jul 7 14:32:46 UTC 2012

Surely this is a snowclone?  And not in the database?

About 44,100 Ghits (searching for "half of" +
"the question is which half"), of course not all
of which are different.  Some examples:

      [A variation on "advertising":]
Half of all Marketing spend [sic] is wasted, the question is - which half ...

I believe the President to be correct about half
of us anyway, the question is, which half

      [Next, the retort to Jon's ninth-grade
teacher's put-down of his students -- and quite popular:]
Half of everything you were ever taught is wrong; the question is which half.

      [One I now construct, suggested by one of the Ghits:]
You don't know the half of what's to come. ... The question is, which half ?

The problem with this book is that half of it is
wrong–the question is, 'Which half?

Half of these are the writer's personal
experiences, secrets, creative imagination, hopes
and wishful thinking. The question is: Which half?

Half of all top IRA men worked for the security
services [] The question is.................which half?

Some of theses events actually happened, but half
of it is fiction and wishful thinking. The question is: which half?

And this is from just the first 20 of the 16,800
Ghits left after advertising and teaching are excluded.

Joel