" … the bedazzled _vaginas_ …"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 8 19:44:50 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wilson is technically correct, but in my experience this usage goes back at least forty years.

Not in *my* experience. Sometimes, life just seems to break ny way! ;-)

> > On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 7:20 PM, Benjamin Barrett <gogaku at ix.netcom.com> wrote:--
> > "Vulva" sounds Latin and technical

I agree. That's why I suggested the, IME, little-used "twat." About 65
years ago, there was a joke about stewardesses offering aitline
passengers "TWA tea" - it had to be explained to me; I hadn't heard
"twat" before - and, once, on PBS, "Flowery Twats" was shown
anagrammed out of "Fawlty Towers," but those appear to have been the
peak of the use of "twat," and that was dekkids ago.

FWIW, an English friend has assured me that _twat_ is as four-letter
in British as it is in American, but British law isn't as hung up on
meaningless trivialities as American law is.

IAC, given that "twat" is at least as rare as is public discussion of
the female external genitalia, wny not resurrect it and meliorate it
as the usual word? After all, "dick" has been so honored. On
late-night cable, at least.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain