" the bedazzled _vaginas_ "

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Sun Jul 8 20:18:40 UTC 2012

At 7/8/2012 03:44 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:
>I agree. That's why I suggested the, IME, little-used "twat." About 65
>years ago, there was a joke about stewardesses offering aitline
>passengers "TWA tea" - it had to be explained to me; I hadn't heard
>"twat" before - and, once, on PBS, "Flowery Twats" was shown
>anagrammed out of "Fawlty Towers," but those appear to have been the
>peak of the use of "twat," and that was dekkids ago.

Surely Wilson will remember "Teutonic twat", hurled by Hedley Lamarr
(Harvey Korman) in "Blazing Saddles" (1974).*  More than a bit more
recent than 65 years ago, but a bit earlier than Fawlty Towers (1975 and 1979).

* Dubbed into something milder -- which I don't remember -- in some
prints, although apparently audible in places one might not want to
go to on the Web.  Not dubbed, however, so far as I remember (as
Wikipedia claims in its article on the movie), into 'the "Teutonic
Titwillow" '.  (Seems like too many syllables to be dubbed over "twat".)

Joel