Caption on a nature site: "Ruby-_Throat_ Hummingbird"

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 9 00:45:22 UTC 2012

Tom is right--this seems fairly standard. But every English teacher
prescriptivist will tell you that "because" is no way to start a
sentence. Some suggest replacing it with "since". It seems likely that
this might translate into increased instances of this particular kind. I
tend to follow the sentence-initial "because" proscription, at least as
a matter of personal style. Not so for the reversal.

     VS-)