trilateral commission

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 12 14:57:01 UTC 2012

I've had a couple of double-takes over the last few days as I spotted
references to "the Trilateral Commission" in several different
circumstances. One was in TV news, in reference to some investigation
whose specific context I do not recall, but it was local, non-political
and had no possible connections with conspiracy theories or
international relations. Other instances are more benign as they appear
to be merely literal uses in diplomatic language (frequently originating
in a language other than English):

http://goo.gl/8vZzm
> The proposal will be presented to the Trilateral Commission for
> consultation, the PM also said.

In some cases, the reference is to the actual Trilateral Commission.

http://goo.gl/SIVtj
> Posen has also been a member of the Panel of Economic Advisers to the
> US Congressional Budget Office, is a visiting scholar at various
> central banks across the world, has written six books and is a member
> of the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, and of
> the Bellagio Group of international economic academics and officials.

Even this one is suspect, as "Council on Foreign Relations" is also
often mentioned in conspiracy theories, right next to the Trilateral
Commission and the Bilderberg Group (a.k.a. the Bilderbergers).

What's interesting about the conspiratorial language, however, is that
the Trilateral Commission is not merely a global conspiracy, but it now
has a "North American Branch" and a "European Branch".

http://goo.gl/WH9C6
> He [Joseph S. Nye Jr.] is the chairman of the North American branch of
> the Trilateral Commission and served in the Clinton Administration.

Nye is the current North American Chair on the TC--along with a European
and an Asian chair. [Yes, "chair", not "chairman"--
http://www.trilateral.org/ ] There is no North American "branch".

Now I'm just waiting for the Illuminati and the "Jew-Masons" to pop up
in the news (the Freemasons, on the other hand, are advertising on cable
TV, right next to Mormons and Unitarians).

One reason for the spike of TC in the news is the successive
resignations of Mario Monti as European chair, following his election in
Italy, and Lucas Papademos resigning his membership, having been elected
to lead Greece. And, of course, Obama is surrounded by the TCers and
Bilderbergers, just like Bill Clinton was... or so the "theory" tells us...

     VS-)