required plural marking in 2PP

W Brewer brewerwa at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 12 15:43:53 UTC 2012

Well, at UC Davis the chicks were REALLY chicks.
Wilson wrote: <<<When I first heard chicks referring to and addressing one
another as "guys" at UC
Davis back in 1969, it was as bizarre as any other language-change in
progress that I've come across for the first time.>>>
WB: I first heard _guys_ (referring to a group of all-female students) at
Berzerkely circa 1972. I was struck by it. There were two currents of
change passing me by: A politcal agenda of neutering American English on an
official level and a cultural unisexing trend. Ah, America! Where women are
women, and so are the men.