"awe" discussions on screenr

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 16 15:53:48 UTC 2012

California for years embraced the "whole word" reading approach.  Teachers were not allowed to say that letters stood for sounds.  So language is free to float and be trendy.  California become an "awe dropping" state and is a big media provider.  Thus "awe dropping" is really out there in media affecting the whole USA.  I'm not in favor of it because of homonyms.
These are my screenrs involving "awe"
http://www.screenr.com/szc8  allophonic range and awe ~auhttp://www.screenr.com/vOc8  5k analysis of ~au (awe) frequency from book 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8dEW_umUsk  awe dropping example
I highly recommend http://screenr.com for this forum and elsewhere
Tom Zurinskas, Conn 20 yrs, Tenn 3, NJ 33, now Fl 9.
See how English spelling links to sounds at http://justpaste.it/ayk