Fun with phrases: "in a previous life"

Tue Jul 17 07:12:46 UTC 2012

My partner and I happened to be talking about things that happened a decade or earlier, and I realized that expressions like "in a previous life/existence/incarnation" work really well because that's what distant memories in fact feel like. You feel like those things happened to someone else or in a different life. I think there's a strong psychological motivation here.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA