From SlashDot:

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 20 18:58:29 UTC 2012

On Jul 20, 2012, at 2:04 PM, Wilson Gray wrote:

> "… I doubt anyone is _under the dilution_ that the person who slipped
> in [the hex number, '0xB16B00B5,' or a slightly-camouflaged 'BIG
> BOOBS'] ment [sic] male or gender neutral breasts."
>
> --
> -Wilson

I've come across a reference in an online movie review to a character acting irrationally "in her diluted state".  Not exactly an eggcorn, since the substitution doesn't make more sense than the original.  Actually for me the "deluded (state)" > "diluted" works phonologically while "(under the) delusion" > "under the dilution" doesn't, since I go from voiced to voiceless in the latter case, while the former one involves homonymy.  (Or it can; I certainly *can* pronounce "diluted" as "dye-looted", but I usually don't make the effort.)  Maybe I'll try complaining to a bartender "You must think I'm as [d@'lud at d] as this scotch!" and see what happens.

LH