"The enemy [always/also] has a vote."

Sat Jul 21 23:23:37 UTC 2012

Excerpt from the "News And Courier" of Charleston, South Carolina:
>> the American people's will to protect _their_ national interests can be
>> eroded through division and dissent within _their_ own ranks.

Wilson Gray wrote
> He uses the stylistically-obsolescent _their_ and not the younger
> _our_ in this environment? I wonder how old the writer is. Or perhaps
> he's not an American.

Below is a link to the newspaper page with the quotation to provide
more context. As noted in the citation the words were printed in 1972
in the editorial section. The passage may have been examined by
several sets of eyes from the editorial group before publication.
(Links into the Google News Archive often break.)

http://bit.ly/NExyx2

Cite: 1972 May 19, News And Courier, Section: Editorial, 5 To 2
Support, Page 10-A, Charleston, South Carolina. (Google News Archive)
Links into the Google News Archive often break.