From SlashDot:

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 22 07:41:14 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu> wrote:
>A. Are you here?
>    EviDENTly.
>
> but:
> B. That's EVidently correct.  or That's eviDENTly correct.  (both possible for me)

A. "EviDENTly. You see me standing here, don't you?" or some such.
Everybody uses it this way.

B. Not so much, if at all, amongst the boyz in the 'hood. It's
strictly very formal boojie-talk. I'd use "EVidently." Wouldn't be no
hedons from using the ordinary pronunciation. In fact, though, I'd
probably go with, "It's clearly the case that X." It's more "Building
20," gnome sane? On first hearing it, I thought, That's right pompous
for use in classroom and hallway chit-chat! Must be a East-Coast
thang. Califotnians aren't supposed to understand it. But, I got used
to it.
--
-Wilson
-----