galoshes and rubbers and overshoes, oh my

Robert Henderson rmh at UCSC.EDU
Fri Jun 8 03:04:26 UTC 2012

I'm from Texas with two Texan parents. I've never heard the term
overshoes or rubbers. I know galoshes, but I would never use that word.
I always knew them as "dickersons". The big boots that cover your shoes
and go way up your leg are "mudboots" for me ("boots" are those things
you wear when two-stepping or riding horses).

Robert Henderson