zero-sum game

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 21 14:27:36 UTC 2012

Here it seems to mean a seemingly endless competitive enterprise that is
ulrimately futile for all concerned:

2006 Ronald J. Glasser _Wounded: Vietnam to Iraq_ (N.Y.: George Braziller)
55: Whatever the final tactics though, if one side's price goes up, so will
the other. In a strange but real way, modern warfare has all become a kind
of crazed zero sum game.

JL