"ultrajectine", 1730, not in OED

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Mon Jun 25 21:03:10 UTC 2012

--

I think "ultrajectine" refers to Utrecht (Latin "Ultrajectum"). It can
refer to a certain religious group (like "Jansenist"; there is a

However I note that (per Wikipedia) Douglass received his MD in Utrecht.
This may account alone for the appellation, or there may be a
double-entendre.

I own myself thoroughly ignorant of religious history in general.

-- Doug Wilson